Online Privacy and Security Statement
Pacific Crest Savings Bank is committed to providing a secure environment to protect your identity and personal information.
This Online Privacy and Security Statement explains how we collect, share, use and protect information when you use our online services, including website, email, mobile, social media and digital advertising (directly or through our service providers, including our advertising partners).
Our Privacy Notice provides additional details regarding the privacy of our client’s financial information; read our privacy notice.
What information we collect
Personal information: We may collect personal information from you through our online services, directly or through our service providers. For example, you may provide us with your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, account number, date of birth and Social Security number when filling out an online form; register, log in to or update your account through our online services; register for a marketing offer; or input financial or other information into one of our mobile apps.
When you obtain one of our products or services online or register for or use one of our online services, we may ask you to provide information about a previous financial transaction with another company (e.g., the amount of your monthly payment to a third party) and use that information to verify your identity (using information obtained from a third-party information service).
Other information: When you visit or use any of our websites or mobile apps, view any of our electronic communications or interact with one of our targeted ads, we or our service providers may collect information from your computer(s) and/or smartphone(s), tablet(s) or other mobile device(s) (together referred to as “mobile devices”). This information includes:
- The make and model of the computer(s) or mobile device(s) you use to visit, use, view, or interact with our online services, unique device identifier, browser version, hardware, operating system, and MAC address;
- Your mobile phone number, mobile country code and other mobile device-related information, such as mobile device International Mobile Station Equipment Identity (IMEI), Integrated Circuit Card Identifier (ICCID), information about the screen size of your mobile device(s) and the date and time of your use (please refer to your specific app for additional information);
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address and related information, such as your internet service provider and general location;
- The precise location of your mobile device(s), if enabled on your device(s) (for example, when you register to receive location-based content, such as the location of the nearest ATM, through our mobile apps);
- Photos taken with your mobile device(s) through one of our mobile apps to complete a mobile check deposit;
- Your browsing habits on online services provided by us or third parties, such as search terms you entered on our websites, what websites and pages you visit, how long you stay and what actions you take;
- Search terms that directed you to our websites and mobile apps, which websites you came from and which websites you visit right after leaving one of our websites;
- Which of our ads or other online content you view, access or click on; and
- Any actions you take in response to electronic communications that we send to you, such as opening the message or clicking an embedded link.
Our service providers may also collect information about your browsing habits on online services offered by third parties and use it for the purposes described below.
Third party information: We may also collect information about you from additional online and offline sources, including credit reporting agencies and other third-party sources as permitted by law.
Association of information: We may associate the above information from your computer(s) or mobile device(s) through various means, including a unique identifier (such as IP address, client ID or visitor ID) by using cookies (small data files saved to your browser by websites) and other tracking technologies. When used, these unique identifiers enable us to identify you as our client, track your activity on our online services and to associate your computer(s) and mobile device(s) with one another.
Security measures to protect your information
We take steps to safeguard your information. We restrict access to personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products and services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your confidential information and financial records. We have established security standards and procedures to prevent unauthorized access to your information.
E-mail communications over the internet are not secure. Never send confidential account or personal nonpublic information through unsecure email. To communicate securely with Pacific Crest electronically, log into online banking and use the message function. You may also establish a secure email account through our service provider Citrix ShareFile, which allows us to communicate and send documents securely. Learn more about Citrix ShareFile here.
Security Steps You Can Take to Protect Yourself
Your online banking user ID and password are two of the most important security features for online and mobile banking. Since you control the selection, you can help prevent unauthorized online and mobile access to your accounts. Your online banking user ID and password are also used to login into mobile banking.
Learn more about ways to protect yourself by reviewing our Cybersecurity, Fraud Prevention, and Identity Theft by clicking here.
Accuracy of Information
Maintaining the accuracy of your personal information is important. We have procedures to help assure that your personal information is accurate, current, and complete. We also have procedures to correct inaccurate information in a timely manner, including processes to update information or remove outdated information. If you discover any information that we have about you is incorrect, please let us know.
Pacific Crest Savings Bank’s website, online banking and mobile application are not directed to individuals under the age of 13 and we request that these individuals do not provide personal information through these sites. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 without parental consent.
By visiting or using any of our online services, responding to any electronic communications we may send you or clicking on one of our ads, you agree to this statement.
If you have any questions regarding this Online Privacy and Security Statement, please contact us at 425-670-9600 or email@example.com.
Pacific Crest’s Cybersecurity, Fraud Prevention, and Identity Theft
Washington State Attorney General’s Safeguarding Consumers